cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Identity column, what controls this format?

sdrzewiczewski
7-Bedrock

Identity column, what controls this format?

I have a soft type of part that is representing a Material. We then have a configurable link connecting the part and the material. We have an Alias Attribute that shows the materials that are linked to the part on a Structure view. Issue is the value that is displayed is the object's identity which is in the format <number>, <name>, <organization> I only want to see the name, but still want the hyperlink to the object.

Is it possible for a soft-type

2 REPLIES 2

Hi  sdrzewiczewski,

What does your Alias Attribute look like> If you make your Alias Attribute with the Data Type Object Reference, and the Mapping ending with the name instead of the identity, do you get an error message?

I did use an object reference. Below is what I settled on. If I remove ~number i get a hyperlink, but the link URL is not what I want to show. The other issue is that it points to the Part Master, which is not useful. I you can then point that to the part, but it will show all iterations, again not useful. So settling on the below format, i lose the hyperlink, but i get a format that is acceptable.

masterReference^wt.part.WTPartMaster~roleAObject@wt.configurablelink.ConfigurableMastersLink~roleBObject^wt.part.WTPartMaster~number

Top Tags