cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Ilink 8 corruption

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Ilink 8 corruption

A guy I know is asking me question about Ilink 8. I still use 3.4, so I don't have a clue.

Anyway, is there something similar to the .proi folder (ilink 3.4) in Ilink 8? I told him maybe he had a corrupted database.

Here is his email to me:
A few days ago, several parts that I was working on showed up in another guys work space. He swears he didn't put them there, but who knows. The weird part was that they showed a creation date (in his workspace) of 12-31-1969. And they showed to be newly created parts in his workspace, even though they've been in common space for months. We just removed them from his workspace and went on with our business.

Today, he tried to create a drawing of a part, and afterward, the part showed up in his workspace twice, with a status of "file name conflict" on both of them. The part is also in common space, but the drawing wasn't (which is correct). It wouldn't let him check in the drawing, and common space said he had the part checked out (checked out in version 8 is like "locked" in version 3.4), but his workspace said the part (both instances) were newly created. It also would not let him remove the parts from his workspace. All we could do was remove both parts and the drawing all at the same time, from his workspace. After that, his workspace showed the part again, but only one time and it was checked out (locked). At that point he created a drawing again, and the same thing happened. Now he removed the drawing and both parts from his workspace, and then removed the subsequent part again, and then deleted the part from common space. He's going to recreate the part and see what happens... same thing happened.

Meanwhile, for quite some time, this same guy has had terrible problems with being kicked out of Pro/e and Intralink. In version 8, you don't log in to intralink separately. If you are in pro/e, then you are in Intralink also. His proe/intralink shuts down on him several times a day. Usually when he is just trying to change screens in Intralink. It's not happening when he's in pro/e, and he's not doing anything complicated. Usually just trying to change from workspace to common space. I know you haven't used version 8, but do you have any ideas as to why his system would be shutting down all the time? Virus maybe?

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Top Tags