cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Implementing pre-login acknowledgement message.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Implementing pre-login acknowledgement message.

Those who know will likely know where this is coming from but I need to implement a warning/acknowledgement message to appear to users before then authenticate. Does this require form-based authentication or can this be done with Single sign-on. It also needs to work for Creo Parametric and Windchill Desktop Integration. Has anyone done this already?

4 REPLIES 4

Are you using PingFederate at all? If you are doing SAML authentication, you could present a page to the user at login. How complicated that is would depend on what type of credentials you are using.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:jbailey)

Currently, its just basic but I have some IT folks who know SAML. Are you referring to where it redirects you to a login page and then back? How does this behave with Creo Parametric, WTI and Creo View? Creo View I am less concerned with since you typically are being redirected from the browser when opening a viewable. 

We successfully use SAML and in all authentication instances it sends you to the authentication in Creo, Windchill, CV, DTI, WGM etc and back. PTC's support of this using Shibboleth is quite robust. At that point, the IdP would serve the login message. You likely could use forms based to create a simple solution, but in the industry you are in, basic authentication will become a thing of the past sooner rather than later. SAML or Oauth2 (both Authentication and Authorization) will give you more options because most IdP tools offer a wide array of authentication tools to implement MFA.

Hi @avillanueva 

I have experience with IBM WebSEAL as SSO solution and all this part you are asking is on the WebSEAL side. 

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags