cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Import Obsolete Part from Spreadsheet

Configurator
1-Newbie

Import Obsolete Part from Spreadsheet

Is there a way to include Obsolete parts using Windchill's Import From Spreadsheet tool? I'm retroactively creating BOMs for old products that use Obsolete parts, and when I attempt to import the BOMs from a spreadsheet, I get this error message:

"Sheet::BOM1 Row::[row] ChildNumber::[product number] is Canceled or Obsolete in the assembly. Please ensure parts are in other than Canceled or Obsolete status and attempt your load again." 

Working with hundreds and hundreds of BOMs, it would take a very long time to remove the Obsolete parts from the BOMs, upload them, and manually add the Obsolete parts from each parent assembly's Structure tab (which is possible to do without the Obsolete part error).

More detail if helpful:

I'm trying to create hundreds of Gathering Parts that include some Obsolete parts. I have a single BOM load spreadsheet with each Gathering Part as a Level 0 parent with dozens of Level 1 children, some of which are Obsolete. From the folder view where I want the parts to appear, I click "Actions" > "Import from Spreadsheet", and get the Obsolete part error regardless of whether I Validate the spreadsheet or not. 

Thanks for your help!

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags