cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Import from Spreadsheet -Access Control Limitations

BrianSullivan
8-Gravel

Import from Spreadsheet -Access Control Limitations

Hello.

Was planned by company to allow Electrical Engineers (No UWGM for there Application) to use Import from Spreadsheet Functionality to build their Product Structures.

However OOTB IMport from Spreadsheet seems to only Work if a User is a Product Manager (i.e. Full Control)

If I make a user who (Member) that has ability to Create Parts and End Items; The Import from Spreadsheet Wizard fails saying the use does not have enough access...

What Access Control would I need to grant the Users to allow a Regular User to use "Import From Spreadsheet"

or

What kinid of Workaround should I use? I could try and make a Loaded User Role with FC Access, that also Denies FC for all other States other than the first one;

Brian Sullivan

2 REPLIES 2

ImportJob is what you need to give access to using Policy Admin.

Steve D.

Out-Of-The-Box, the context manager is able to use the Import from Spreadsheet functionality however, Other users will require the Create permission on the ImportJob object type (displayed Import Job for Windchill 11.0)

Note:
• The user will need Create permission only for WTPart for this operation
• Users that do not have Modify or Revise permission can modify or revise a part using Import from Spreadsheet

Refer Article - CS31708 and Best Practices for using Excel to Export and Import Data for more details.

Hope this helps!

Top Tags