Importing the Project templates from Windchill ProjectLink 9.1 M050 to 11.0, and from ProjectLink 10.1 to 11.0 F000 fails. Do you have any recommendations on how to import cross release project templates?
Could you please share what error you got while trying to import Project template from earlier release?
MS log and screen capture will be useful.
Sorry for the late reply. The issue was, we have deliverables and documents in the project templates in the source application. For some reason they were not coming across in the destination application we were trying to import. We found a solution to this issue as below:
• (In Source Application) create an instance of Project using the Template to extract
• (In Source Application) From the project use the export as template functionality (to have the documents included in the zip)
• (outside windchill) Modify the xml file :
o Replace the WTUsers (all users referenced into the template will be replaced by a standard user)
o Replace wt.inf.container.OrgContainer
• (In Destination Application) Import the modified template using the New Template functionality
• (In Destination Application) Create an instance of Project using this Template
• (In Destination Application) From the project, convert to EPP functionality
• (In Destination Application) Save the converted project as a Template
• (In Destination Application) Delete the project and the non-converted template.
Doing this way we are able to resolve this issue.