cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Import problem in the workspace

mchavernoz
1-Newbie

Import problem in the workspace

Hello,

I have a problem when I try to import Creo objects (prt, drw and asm) into my workspace, the import fails and I do not find any information in the event manager.

Is there a special configuration to set up to have this information in the event manager?

Do you have an idea of why an import can fail?

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I remember seeing this issue. Could you change the "Start In" directory of Creo set to a network file system or a file system which is not write ready. Right Mouse Click on Creo shortcut and change the startin directory to a location which is writable

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mchavernoz)

The workspace import uses Creo to do the actual import.  Can you manually open the files in Creo?  Is it possible the files are from a newer version of Creo than what you have?

First of all, thank you for helping me.

To answer your question:
1. The files open well in Creo and I am able to save them to see them in my workspace. But this action would take a lot of time because I have several hundred objects (prt, drw and asm) to import.

2. All the objects I am trying to import are of the same version as my Creo (CREO 3.0), even lower.

The thing I do not understand is that I can not find any information in relation to the import failure in my event manager.

aakolkar
4-Participant
(To:mchavernoz)

Here are couple of tools which help in bulk/mass upload of ProE data to Windchill:

-Amol

I remember seeing this issue. Could you change the "Start In" directory of Creo set to a network file system or a file system which is not write ready. Right Mouse Click on Creo shortcut and change the startin directory to a location which is writable

Thank you Binesh Kumar,

I have copied my folder i would to import on my desktop, because the folder I try to import are located on a server who are not writable.

And now i'm able to import my objects without problem.

Announcements

Top Tags