cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Importing vendors to existing AML entries

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Importing vendors to existing AML entries

Got a weird error and stuck out with knowledge base. I have previously imported AML for a listed of Part numbers via Excel import from spreadsheet method.

avillanueva_0-1695746703609.png

Now I want to add in a vendor for those AML lines. I assumed I would be able to just modify this sheet and reimport in.

avillanueva_1-1695746811004.png

Action options from help guide is just add and delete, there is no update.

This is the error message that results, it did validate however:

Description: Description: Specified sourcing status for the manufacturer part conflicts with its existing value
(com.ptc.windchill.suma.ixb.SuMaIxbHndRB/SUMA_AMLPREFERENCE_VALUE_CONFLICT) wt.ixb.publicforhandlers.LogHelper$IxbException: Specified sourcing status for the manufacturer part conflicts with its existing value

There was no row associated with this. I think its telling me that you have an existing entry so I cannot import another one. I tried removing the status but this is required. So what is the process? I should be able to import multiple vendors to a single manufacturer so this import should not fail. Do I have to first delete then re-add? Any anyone done this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:avillanueva)

Ok, system cannot walk and chew gum at the same time. The MFG sourcing status cannot be different while importing vendor. I was able to pull the data from a neat Query Builder report I created, thanks, @Fadel. Works as I expected.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Ok, I did one line at time and confirmed that it does indeed work and that its not a conflict where my Mfg status is do not use and vendor is approved. It must be an offending row but nothing was listed in the log files.  The world is at least somewhat sane again.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Ok, system cannot walk and chew gum at the same time. The MFG sourcing status cannot be different while importing vendor. I was able to pull the data from a neat Query Builder report I created, thanks, @Fadel. Works as I expected.

Top Tags