cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

In a Windchill search, is there a way to search for checked out modified CAD files in other users workspace?

bradlawrence
9-Granite

In a Windchill search, is there a way to search for checked out modified CAD files in other users workspace?

I know you can search for files that are "checked out by", but I want to know if there is a way to see if those checked out files are actually modified in their workspace?

Capture.JPG

The below results show all the CAD files that are checked out by the particular user, just trying figure out those files are modified or not.  Does anyone know how this can be done, if it can?

Capture.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

as an org admin you can see the server side workspace of anyone.

However, if the user has not uploaded the data, they may still appear unmodified in the server side workspace but are actually modified in the client side workspace.

I do not know if such permission can be granted to end user.

Best regards

Chris,

As an org admin, how do you see the server side workspace of any user?  That would be beneficial.

On my previous server, as Org Admin, I could see objects in server side workspaces. In the search results, in order to know where the object was, I added the column Cabinet.

Chris,

I added the cabinet oolumn, it is blank for me.

Gagan
7-Bedrock
(To:ChrisPLM)

Hello Chris

You are rite ORG Admin have special rights to see the parts which is located in a server side workspace for any users

Regards

Not using a search, but can be done with a relatively simple query builder report. I have this in place here.

Top Tags