cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

In projectlink you how to assign an activity to a team role/user dynamically

maheshkumar
1-Newbie

In projectlink you how to assign an activity to a team role/user dynamically

Hi ,

In projectlink you how to assign an activity to a team role/user from Shared Team, like you can do it for worflows as role or Shared Team for Product. Kindly suggest if any customization or workaround available for the same.

Windchill Project Link 10.2 M030 CPs -05.

Thanks in advance

Mahesh

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Mahesh,

You will have to do a workflow custoization, need to keep following points in mind:-

1. Workflow process team holds the key, you will either have to modify the workflow process team through "Setup participant" activity or read the team info from any input source.

2. Place the activity in the WF which is suppose to be dynamically assigned with participants as modified above. Note : - this activity will have no participants initially, you will have to update the activity template in the "Start transistion" of the activity, where you will have to  add a piece of code to update the participating roles for that specific activity, participants will be picked up from the workflow process team and restart the activity.

thanks,

Aditya

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for your reply, I am looking the functionality in Project Link not in the workflow.

Thanks

Mahesh Kumar G

Hi Mahesh,

You mean to say "Identifying Resources", for an already existing activity, Admin or owner can always edit and "Identify Resources" anytime.

Please correct me if I m wrong, it will be great if you can give more details about your problem, may be I might be able to help you.

Thanks,

Aditya

Hi ,

I want to assign activities to roles/member's using shared team without manually editing the Project Plan , each resource assignment.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh

Top Tags