cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Installation issue - Windchill 10.2 M030 Installation with MS SQL Express edition

vuchekar
9-Granite

Installation issue - Windchill 10.2 M030 Installation with MS SQL Express edition

Hi All,

I have tried to install Windchill 10.2M030 With Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition (64Bit) version,

I am facing below issue while executing PSI.

Issue - Validation Failed for SQL Server Client installation Directory as shown in below image,

We provided the required location as well, but still same issue.

SQL Server Client Installation IssueSQL Server Client Installation Issue

Please let me know is anyone face same kind of issue.

Thanks,

Vivek

1 REPLY 1
joshbybee
6-Contributor
(To:vuchekar)

Hey Vivek, 

The PSI is looking for your SQL Server installation location (specifically the sqlcmd.exe file) and is unable to find it.

The default location where Microsoft SQL Server 2014 is installed is in: 

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools

The first thing I would try would be giving that value in the SQL Server Client Directory.

You didn't mention which SQL Server Express edition you were installing-

If you refer to the Windchill 10.2 Software Matrices (p. 9 & 10)

You will find that the supported SQL Server instances for Windchill 10.2 M030 are:

• SQL Server 2008 R2
  • SQL Server 2012
  • SQL Server 2014

So please note that installing on SQL Server Express is not supportable by PTC and not recommended.

Also note that when installing SQL server you need to change the collation during installation:

The UTF-16 collation (Latin1_General_100_CS_AS_SC) is required. If upgrading the SQL Server from version 2005 or 2008 to version 2012 or
2014, the existing database collation must be changed from SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS to the new supported collation
Latin1_General_100_CS_AS_SC. For a detailed procedure, see “Changing SQL Server Database Collation” in the Windchill Upgrade Reference
Guide: http://www.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=155678
Top Tags