cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Installation of PDMLink 9.1 M040 using PSI fails during the OCU stage

warren.ho
1-Newbie

Installation of PDMLink 9.1 M040 using PSI fails during the OCU stage

Hi am,

I'm trying to install PDMLink 9.1 M040 on a Windows Server 2008 x64 machine. I have Oracle 11.1.0.7 installed. (using the PTC recut Win Server 2008 x64 CD: MED-2200B-CD-108_2009000.zip)

The PTC Solution Installer (PSI) errors out on me during the OCU stage. The PSI spits out:

Installation is Aborting.
4/12/10 12:21:16 PM: The following logs contain information that may be useful for diagnosing installation problems.
4/12/10 12:21:16 PM: Please include them in your support requests.
4/12/10 12:21:16 PM: D:\PTC\PDMLink\ocu\installer\logs\OCU_PtcInstall.log
4/12/10 12:21:16 PM: D:\PTC\PDMLink\ocu\installer\logs\OCU_InstallLog.xml

Looking at the logs doesn't show anything of interest, merely a repeat of the PSI error message.

Am I doing something wrong?

10 REPLIES 10

Warren,

Sometimes just rerunning the PSI can fix this error. I have had the PSI fail
on the OCU step a few times that did not when I ran it again. If not, make
sure Oracle was installed with the proper configuration.

Hope that helps,
Zack

Hi Zach,

Thanks for your input. I tried rerunning the PSI an additional 2 times,
with the same result.

Oracle 11.1.0.7 was installed as per the recommendations of the System
Administration 9.0/9.1 training guide, with the minimum of Oracle
components required to allow PDMLink to run.

Am on the line with Tech Support, will update once we make a
breakthrough.

Best wishes,

Warren.

Hi Warren,
1) Can you attach the logs mentioned in the failure? < OCU_PtcInstall.log and PSI logs>
2) Windows 2008 Server has some enhanced Security features so you might have to check what your user privileges are on the System.
Thanks
Mayur

Hi Mayur.

Logs are attached.

IE's ESC has been disabled on 2k8. Also, UAC has been turned off. Still
no cigar.

Thanks in advance!

Warren.

This email contained a .zip file attachment. Raytheon does not allow email attachments that are considered likely to contain malicious code. For your protection this attachment has been removed.

If this email is from an unknown source, please simply delete this email.

If this email was expected, and it is from a known sender, you may follow the below suggested instructions to obtain these types of attachments.

+ Instruct the sender to enclose the file(s) in a ".zip" compressed file, and rename the ".zip" compressed file with a different extension, such as, ".rtnzip". Password protecting the renamed ".zip" compressed file adds an additional layer of protection. When you receive the file, please rename it with the extension ".zip".

Additional instructions and options on how to receive these attachments can be found at:

This email contained a .zip file attachment. Raytheon does not allow email attachments that are considered likely to contain malicious code. For your protection this attachment has been removed.

If this email was expected, and it is from a known sender, you may follow the below suggested instructions to obtain these types of attachments.

+ Instruct the sender to enclose the file(s) in a ".zip" compressed file, and rename the ".zip" compressed file with a different extension, such as, ".rtnzip". Password protecting the renamed ".zip" compressed file adds an additional layer of protection. When you receive the file, please rename it with the extension ".zip".

Additional instructions and options on how to receive these attachments can be found at:

Hi Warren,

Could you also attach the PSI logs and "D:\PTC\sharedComponents\Oracle\cfgtoollogs\dbca\wind\wind5.log

Am 100 % confident that this is a access issue.

Can you once verify the same with admin access, if using the same machine?

Also can you verify if you are able to access the database and the schema created? I believe you are also installing the database and creating the user in the same instance.

Thanks

Mayur

Mayur,

Thanks for your interest in this issue thus far. I will e-mail you the logs as requested, but not back to this list, for fear of some recipients' mail servers bouncing e-mails with attachments.

Sincerely,
Warren.

Hi all,

As a follow-up, PTC tech support believes that the failure of the OCU to
create a database is probably due to Active Directory running on the
database server.

To recap, we are trying to install PDMLink 9.1 M050 on a 64-bit Windows
Server 2008 Standard SP2 machine. Database duties will be handled by
Oracle 11g (downloaded the PTC recut version for Server 2008, x64,
11.1.0.7).

The TSE quoted a webpage he found while Googling the issue.

Top Tags