cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Installation problem - windchill 10.1 M040

KGH
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Installation problem - windchill 10.1 M040

Hi, During installation of Windchill PDMlink 10.1 M040 with Oracle 11g R2, it is failing with error message "Windchill loader failed'. Can any one support on this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SimonLucas
1-Newbie
(To:KGH)

When I saw this on a DEV machine, it was down to a memory issue durnig teh load process. Basically Oracle was trying to use too much memory.

I resolved by limiting the memory targets on oracle to suit the machine.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
KD
4-Participant
4-Participant

Are you installing all the component or you are just installing any additional component over an existing installation ?

Hi ,

You have a problem in loading data into the database. There is a problem with your Oracle Installation.

Please exit the installation. Uninstall oracle properly (IMP : DONT DELETE THE APP FOLDER DIRECTLY) and then try again , Install oracle again with the correct settings.

Reply if you want to have a document with the correct Oracle installation procedure.

Procedure for Un-Installing Oracle :-

Instructions

1. Click the "Start" button on the Windows desktop taskbar. Type "regedit" into the search box at the bottom of the Start menu.
  2. Select "Regedit" in the "Programs" section at the top of the Windows search results. This opens the computer's Registry Editor.
  3. Click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" in the folder tree menu on the left. Check the "Software" folder. Select and highlight "Oracle" and press the "Delete" key on your computer keyboard. This removes the registry entries for Oracle software products.
  4. Click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" again, then click "System," followed by "CurrentControlSet" and then "Services." Delete any folders labelled with "Oracle" in this section.
  5. Press the "X" icon in the top right-hand corner of the Registry Editor program window to exit this application. Restart your computer.
  6. Click "Start" and choose "Computer." Locate the "Oracle" folder on your computer's main drive, which is usually the "C:" drive. Click the folder to highlight it, then press the "Delete" key on your keyboard. Delete the "Oracle" folder in your "Program Files" folder on the "C:" drive.
  7. Go to the "Temp" folder on your "C:" drive. Highlight and delete all the contents.
  8. Double-click the Recycle Bin on your desktop screen. Click "Empty Recycle Bin" in the main navigation menu to remove all deleted files permanently. Restart your computer.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Ishaan Nayyar

Can you pleasing send me the document for oracle installation.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:PJ_9698624)

Open a new thread this information as it is unrelated to this thread.

It is all covered in the installation guide.

shussaini
15-Moonstone

Hi Ravi,

It will be good if you can share the logs. Apart from the information requested by Kaushik, can you specify at what stage the installer failed. If ALL components installed successfully then you can probably try loading the data manually. You can refer the Windchill Install and Config guide for more details.

Regards
~Syed

KGH
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:shussaini)

I'm installing only PDMLink with creo view, thumbnail generator and RFS support checked.

I have attached the snapshot. It throws after install all including thumbnail generator. At the stage of loading data to oracle but I'm sure there are no issues with oracle installation. It just went smooth and with default settings. No customization at all. I had installed successfully before.

For oracle uninstallation, i used deinstall and rebooted. Later deleted the the oracle folder remains.

I can uncheck and try the installation but help with the procedure / commands on how to load demo data.

One more doubt is there any version compatibility issue between windchill and oracle. Windchill is 10.1 M040

and oracle is 11g.

windchill+loader+failed.PNG

Do you need ocu installer log file.

sprasad-2
1-Newbie

Log a case with PTC Tech Support.

You can manually load windchill schema by executing sql script.

shussaini
15-Moonstone
(To:sprasad-2)

For Oracle 11.2.0.3 or higher patchsets in the 11.2.0.x series is supported. as for manual data load here are the commands

Database Schema (For Non Multi-byte install)

windchill --java=%JAVA_HOME%/bin/java.exe --javaargs=" -Dwt.tools.sql.autoCommit=true -Dwt.tools.sql.verbose=6 -Dwt.tools.sql.dbUser=<username> -Dwt.tools.sql.dbPassword=<password>"

wt.tools.sql.SQLCommandTool %WT_HOME%/db/sql/pdml/DDLBasic/Make_module_DDLBasic.sql

To load data run the following command:

windchill wt.load.WindchillLoader -Application=Windchill.PDMLink -Unattended -AbortOnError

Have you checked the logs under Windchill directory for any loader errors.

Hope that helps

Regards
~Syed

The Windchill Loader is a PTC application to load Base data and Demo data into windchill. Base data are types, object initialization rules, and so on. Demo data are examples such as the Golf Cart product and part structure. It is unlikely to be an oracle problem.

The way to investigate is to review the Method Server logs for exceptions related to the Windchill Loader. Then you might need to open a case with customer support.

SimonLucas
1-Newbie

When I saw this on a DEV machine, it was down to a memory issue durnig teh load process. Basically Oracle was trying to use too much memory.

I resolved by limiting the memory targets on oracle to suit the machine.

KGH
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:SimonLucas)

succedded. correct Simon, it is becasue of lack of memory which application needs during loading schema / demo data. I could able to complete installation successfully by increasing the memory capacity.

Thanks for all of you for suggestions and supported me to fix this issue.

Thanks a lot.

Top Tags