cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing CreoView

SOLVED
Level 15

Installing CreoView

Does someone have a quick reference guide to installing CreoView 4.1 so it may be downloaded and installed from Windchill 11.0?

I need to get the download configured so the users can go to Quick Links - Software Downloads and then get the stated version of CreoView for installation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Installing CreoView

How frustrating!!!

I tried a number of times to install CreoView in Windchill and when I selected the CreoView location, it come back with Add staging folder.

Open a call with PTC tech support and walking through the same steps and low and behold it accepts the CreoView folder for staging and is now installing.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Ben,

If CreoView is not available from Downloads, thenyou might have not installed CreoView (while installing Windchill):

Does it appear in Windchill version ?

If so, then it might just be the property missing: CS257489

Otherwise, you have to run PSI and add the PTC Creo View item.

2019-02-25 10_35_08-Clipboard.png

Florent

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca

I did not install it when I did Windchill because I cannot get the right software into a staging folder.

When I check that box and continue, PSI is looking for:

PTC Creo View Clients - MCAD & ECAD 11.0+   F000+

I cannot find any download with that title! Where do I find what the PSI is looking for?

What I do have downloaded is:Creo View 4.1 Clients (Lite, MCAD, ECAD)

Most Recent Datecode

Datecode: F000

Hum,

which version of Windchill 11.0 are you working on ?

You can have a look on CS236395: Creo View, Creo Illustrate and Creo View Adapters Versions Certified with Windchill 11.0 C...

2 weeks ago, I successfully installed Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS13 with CreoView 5.1

Florent

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS06

CreoView 4.1 F000

I have 4.1 installed and it works properly on my workstation and the server.

I am trying to get it configured in the Windchill Software Download link to work.

I have verified that WVS.ProductViewDownload is set to true.

Did you try to provide to PSI the media of Creo View 4.2 ?

Maybe from M030 CPS05, it requires 4.2. Just a thought through.

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca

Yes, I tried CreoView 4.0 and 4.2 along with 4.1. None work because the 'name' doesn't match.

Time for a PTC helpdesk ticket.

Thanks for trying.

Highlighted

How frustrating!!!

I tried a number of times to install CreoView in Windchill and when I selected the CreoView location, it come back with Add staging folder.

Open a call with PTC tech support and walking through the same steps and low and behold it accepts the CreoView folder for staging and is now installing.