cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Installing Windchill 11 on a test machine and I am getting this error:javasdk installer appears to have failed to start. Its PTC and/or XML log is missing

mkohn
3-Visitor

Installing Windchill 11 on a test machine and I am getting this error:javasdk installer appears to have failed to start. Its PTC and/or XML log is missing

Anyone have the simple solution to this error? I am running PSI as root and have full rights to the staging directory. As soon as I click on begin install, I get the error about javasdk can't continue and it stops right there. The interesting thing is that I installed Windchill 11 on another clone of the server without getting this error. From what I read, it could be a rights issue somewhere, but I am running this as root. Anyone have any ideas on what to look for? Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:mkohn)

Hi Mitch,

Can you check if the below article helps. If not, can you share the logs.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS241829

Regards,

Bhushan

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Are you by chance installing on a workstation for test, not a server?  I always play with Windchill a lot at home - using a personal laptop

I got a new laptop with Windows 10 on it recently and found that you cannot run the installer using Windows 10 yet - had to set up Win 7 professional.  All installed ok.

mkohn
3-Visitor

Actually, since that time I "punted" and found my M010 files and got past that point. DK if my javasdk files were corrupted on not. Thanks anyways to all.

rhadjab
5-Regular Member

Hi Mitch,

are you fixed this problem ?, I have the same bugs when I try to install windchill in linux Red Hat with PSI Bundle CPS06.

Regards

mkohn
3-Visitor
(To:rhadjab)

I fixed it by installing Windchill 11 M010.

rhadjab
5-Regular Member

Thank you Mitch, but it's not work for me.

rhadjab
5-Regular Member
(To:rhadjab)

Hi all,

finnally my problem is in the name of folders Medias, I have space in the name, my problem is fixed when I have delete all space and specials caracteres in folders name.

Thank you

regards

Top Tags