cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Internet Explorer 11 opens about:blank

Bert_Volders
4-Participant

Internet Explorer 11 opens about:blank

When using Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 to browse Windchill 11, whenever an action is performed that usually opens in a new window, an extra window 'about:blank' is opened. Any way of getting rid of this without switching to an alternative web-browser? Some customers simply 'demand' the use of internet explorer.

3 REPLIES 3

Yes - we see this too and would like to know what causes this.

We only see this behaviour on our Windchill Server System and not on the client machines - this leads me to believe that it must be due to some IE preference or security setting, but I can't ascertain what setting is causing it.

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:Bert_Volders)

I see this consistently when creating a new document or new participant.  I believe it is associated with any page that uses a wizard.  In this case, Pro/Intralink 11 M030-CPS02, IE11.0.9600.17416 Update Versions: 11.0.14 (KB30003057)
I opened a case to get more info on why and how to stop this.

BTW, I use IE for administrative tasks because you can open separate sessions for difference users for verification and testing.

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:Invisigoth)

There is a fix and a doc on this, that PTC support directed me to:

Internet Explorer 11 sometimes an "about:blank" empty window is presented when using Windchill PDMLink  CS251405

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS251405

and the people rejoiced when the annoying windows no longer appeared :  )

Top Tags