cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Intralink 3.4 orphen files?

DaveEngel
5-Regular Member

Intralink 3.4 orphen files?

We’d like to find all the orphan Pro/E files in an Intralink 3.4 system. (Files that are not used anywhere).

We are looking at the database tables trying to understand the object model. Does anyone have any advice?

We want to migrate 2 Intralink instances to PDMLink. One instance was a copy of the other, however it contains 1000’s of files that are not used anywhere so we’d like to identify and remove them from the system.

We would also like to gather statistics on the most used library parts.

-Dave

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Dave,

I'm wondering if you got anywhere with your request?

Thanks,

Josh

In Reply to Dave Engel:

We’d like to find all the orphan Pro/E files in an Intralink 3.4 system. (Files that are not used anywhere).

We are looking at the database tables trying to understand the object model. Does anyone have any advice?

We want to migrate 2 Intralink instances to PDMLink. One instance was a copy of the other, however it contains 1000’s of files that are not used anywhere so we’d like to identify and remove them from the system.

We would also like to gather statistics on the most used library parts.

-Dave

Joshua Houser| Pelco by Schneider Electric |Buildings & Business| United States| MCAD Tools Administrator
Phone: +559-292-1981 ext. 3490| Toll Free: +800-289-9100 ext. 3490&nbs

Doh! ilink_extra_object_report.bat gives you all the orphan files.

So now because I'm paranoid, I would really love to include in this list the real file names, location and ideally, who created them. I know, probably going to be a little SQL hacking. Has anybody already done this?

TYIA,

Josh

Joshua Houser| Pelco by Schneider Electric |Buildings & Business| United States| MCAD Tools Administrator
Phone: +559-292-1981 ext. 3490| Toll Free: +800-289-9100 ext. 3490&nbs

Top Tags