cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Intralink 9.1 and Pro-E WF4...

ptc-356958
1-Newbie

Intralink 9.1 and Pro-E WF4...

I have an issue updating parts in my workspace. I'll explain: I pull out a machineassembly into my workspaceand during using the assembly, I am asked to check out parts or assembly's. It is not my intention to check out parts and may not access to on some (such as standard parts or parts already checked out by others. Generally, I have been telling people to select continue from the pull down menu when asked and they will then see a modified status that is unable to be check in. So at some point I want my components back to their default commonspace status. I have no way of doing that. If I select the components and pick update (which, to me, should work) the components are lined out in the second IL screen and I can do nothing. I usually check out the components and then do an undo check out which does what the Update should be doing. When someone else has the component checked out, however, I can't check the part out. I have been able to delete some component and the re-add them to my workspace, but that sometimes asks for other components to be deleted also.

Does anyone know of a solution to this?

2 REPLIES 2

We skipped Intralink 9.1 in our conversion from Intralink to PDMLink,
but my solution has usually been to re-add the modified/continued items
to the workspace, making sure they get downloaded (I think the default
is to re-use) in the object collection screen. You should also get the
option to replace the models in your Pro/E session if it's still open.

Hope that helps.

Chrystal Harvey
Project Engineer

(206) 394-3522
www.RedDotCorp.com <">http://www.RedDotCorp.com>

Thanks to all that answered with the solution to re-add the parts making sure toturn off the "reuse content in target workspace" and change the dependents tab to "None"

Appreciate the quick help!

Top Tags