cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Intralink not bundled with new Creo Licenses

adawkins
1-Newbie

Intralink not bundled with new Creo Licenses

PTC has recently changed the packaging of Pro/E (CE Pro).Previously when you bought Pro/E licenses that included a data management product you could chose either Intralink or PDMLink to be bundled with the licenses. Now we have been told that only PDMLink is available and there are currently no plans to have bundles that include Intralink. The new packages will include the FlexibleModeling Extension which would be nice but not at the expense of Intralink.

This is a major disappointment for us. We have a separate PDM system so we don't need (and don't want to pay for) PDMLink. We were told that Intralink was going to be a viable supported product going forward and now we are going to be charged a surcharge for it. It also seems to make license compliance messy. Since Intralink doesn't check out licenses any more if you have a few folks that use ProE without Intralink (I wish they wouldn't but that's another story) how can I manage the number of concurrent users of Intralink separate from pro/E if I don't have the same number of licenses?

Makes me question PTC's commitment to Intralink going forward. Anyone heard any rumors of it's demise?

Abby Dawkins

MCAD Support

KLA-Tencor Corp

(408)875-5892

1 REPLY 1
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:adawkins)

What version of Intralink are you on? The support calendar
(
Top Tags