cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Inventor not registering

JHall
16-Pearl

Inventor not registering

Greetings,

I have an odd little problem.  We are in process of our final testing of our new Windchill 11.0 (M030 CPS08) environment.  One of our users can no longer connect to Windchill using Inventor Pro 2017 on her Windows 7 laptop.   Last week we uninstalled her WGM (11.0 M030) and re-installed it. It seemed to function properly and could 'see' Inventor 2017, but when you attempted to 'register' it, it did not quite function.  If you opened WGM, it would produce the error in the Warning image below.  I'm not certain why a shared folder would be a problem.  If you attempted to open an Inventor file, it would give you the error in Error_Image below, then the error in Error_Image_2 below.

These errors occurred after we had purged all browser caches, the Java cache, and had re-installed WGM for Inventor.  Other computers access Windchill just fine via WGM and Inventor. 

Warning

Error_Image.png

Error_Image_2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pmooteri
12-Amethyst
(To:JHall)

Hi,

The reason for the issue is "A shared folder is selected for Windchill File System". Change the Windchill Folder Location in the Windchill Workgroup Manager via Tools > Windchill File System Management to a local unshared folder.

Please refer PTC Article CS167483 for resolution and more information. (https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS167483)

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Product Manager, PTC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JHall
16-Pearl

The strange thing is, this installation functioned previously when pointed to a different test environment of Windchill.  I also wanted to show this weird error it throws. I've never heard of AdapterA121.

A121.png

pmooteri
12-Amethyst

Hi,

The reason for the issue is "A shared folder is selected for Windchill File System". Change the Windchill Folder Location in the Windchill Workgroup Manager via Tools > Windchill File System Management to a local unshared folder.

Please refer PTC Article CS167483 for resolution and more information. (https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS167483)

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Product Manager, PTC

JHall
16-Pearl
(To:pmooteri)

@pmooteri  Dude! You are the man, that worked great!  It turns out that even though the folders said 'not shared' they were in fact shared with an admin.  Once we removed that sharing, all the errors went away.

Thanks so much.

James Hall - Swisslog

Top Tags