cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Invitation email in ProjectLink

dhackl1
2-Guest

Invitation email in ProjectLink

Hi folks,

Anyone got an idea how to prevent ProjectLink from sending invitation emails upon project start?

Thanks,
Dieter.
8 REPLIES 8

Any luck with this? I've had a similar request for a specific project that we're adding a group to an observer role and we don't want to send out the Invitation to them.

In Reply to Dieter Hackl:
Hi folks,

Anyone got an idea how to prevent ProjectLink from sending invitation emails upon project start?

Thanks,
Dieter.
jlittle
6-Contributor
(To:dhackl1)

Per the ProjectLink documentation within the Team Roles:

The Guest role allows for a person to view a project, product, or library without actually being invited as a participant. The following permissions apply to those assigned to the Guest role for a particular context:Will not receive an e-mail invitation to the project, product, or library.Can access the project, product, or library through a link or through search results.Can access project, product, or library content unless explicitly excluded through folder or object- specific access control.

Regards,

James

Stephen Drzewiczewski <steve@stevedandrebecca.com>

02/12/2009 10:41 AMPlease respond to
To
-
cc

Subject
[solutions] - RE: Invitation email in ProjectLink
Any luck with this? I've had a similar request for a specific project that we're adding a group to an observer role and we don't want to send out the Invitation to them.

In Reply to Dieter Hackl: Hi folks,

Thanks,
Dieter.-----End Original Message-----

Understood, but we found a limitation in 9.0. If a principal Group is added to the Guest role and a user is a member of that Group and a member of another Team role. He will only get the Guest permissions.

Not our intended result, it didn't work like this in 8.0 and it was just realized this week in 9.0. So we want to add some groups to an Observer role that just has read and download, but we don't want to send them invitations, since it will go to more than 90 people, and it will probably happen in about 30+ projects.

This change of functionality is supposed to being restored in 9.0 M060, we had a huge issue with this change between 8 and 9. You can refer to SPR 1454794 that claims this is to be resolved in M060.

It doesn't work according to most active directory methodology setups
where you deny first then grant. In a combination of access control of
multiple groups in Windchill, deny will win over grant whether the user
is in multiple groups.

With small change in OOTB code this can be achieved, are you willing to make changes in OOTB and I think through configuration it is not possible.

Thanks

Anoop

I'm not, my issue is addressed in 9.0 M060, and we're getting a temp patch
to apply to M050

Hi Anup,

I have a similar situation, Can you please update me with the changes required ?

Regards,

Pradeep Shinde

Top Tags