cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Invoke RTM Workflow in Change Activity Workflow

Sha11
12-Amethyst

Invoke RTM Workflow in Change Activity Workflow

Hello,

There is a requirement where I have to introduce RTM Workflow as a sub-process for a Change Activity workflow so that the publishing will happen as part of Change Activity instead of Change Notice. Please let me know the accommodations or changes needed to achieve the above requirement. I am fairly new to ESI process, so any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sha

1 REPLY 1

Hi Sha,

You should be able to invoke the workflow by adding a "Process Robot" to the ECA workflow and specifying the RMT Workflow as the target process. When this robot is executed it will start the RTM workflow. You should be careful here because if the ECA workflow is terminated it is possible that sub-processes spawned from the ECA will also be terminated.

Is it would intent to release to the downstream systems via ESI prior to completing the ECN? The alternative is to adjust the ECN life cycle such that it automatically initiates the RTM workflow once the ECN reaches a certain state. I suppose you could do the same for the ECA workflow but I would think you'd want all tasks completed and your data stable prior to transmitting it via the ESI process.

Top Tags