cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Is it not possible to visualize field "Descrizione" inside Search page?

rratti
1-Newbie

Is it not possible to visualize field "Descrizione" inside Search page?

Greenshot_2015-09-03_10-46-33.jpgIs it not possible to visualize field "Descrizione" inside Search page?Greenshot_2015-09-03_10-43-15.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Raffaella,

If I am not wrong, you would like to add Description column to Search result table. To do this:

1. Define a CustomResultTableView class that extends PersistableResultTableView

2. Override getOOTBTableViews() method to include additional column

3. In the getSpecialTableColumnsAttrDefinition() method, add new Data Utility based field

4. Hook your custom table view to to service.properties file via customizationService.xconf file

5. Write custom data utility to fetch Description value and hook this DU into components.dataUtilities.properties file

6. {Optional} If required you need to clear table view from TableViewDescriptor & ActiveViewLink table this perticular table> IMPORTANT: Have backup of those table before doing this.

7. Stop MS

8. Clear Tomcat, Info*Engine cache

9. Restart MS

10. Add Custom Descrizione column to table view.

In the past I had done this for Modified By field. See below screen capture:

modified by.png

Thanks,

Shirish

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Raffaella,

If I am not wrong, you would like to add Description column to Search result table. To do this:

1. Define a CustomResultTableView class that extends PersistableResultTableView

2. Override getOOTBTableViews() method to include additional column

3. In the getSpecialTableColumnsAttrDefinition() method, add new Data Utility based field

4. Hook your custom table view to to service.properties file via customizationService.xconf file

5. Write custom data utility to fetch Description value and hook this DU into components.dataUtilities.properties file

6. {Optional} If required you need to clear table view from TableViewDescriptor & ActiveViewLink table this perticular table> IMPORTANT: Have backup of those table before doing this.

7. Stop MS

8. Clear Tomcat, Info*Engine cache

9. Restart MS

10. Add Custom Descrizione column to table view.

In the past I had done this for Modified By field. See below screen capture:

modified by.png

Thanks,

Shirish

Hi Shirish,

Thanks for the steps. I had a similar requirement.

I had a user who wanted to see description field designated parameter from Creo (Default description attribute can be filled only when you create EPM Document from workspace.) So we ended up creating a new Global attribute and designated it in Creo.

To bring this to search results, all what we did was creation of a new view specific to CAD documents. But again this was type specific, in the criteria if you select just CAD document as type, then it would use the custom view with the description attribute. If you select multiple object types, then the only general system attributes would appear.

I like your banner message "Do not mess with site/org  Settings - use Knowledge Base "

search.jpg

Thanks,

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Top Tags