cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Is it possible to change Welcome to Windchill in Windhcill home page

kc-2
5-Regular Member

Is it possible to change Welcome to Windchill in Windhcill home page

I tried to edit the home page of windchill. Customer need their name instead of Welcome to Windchill.

Is it need any customization or can it possible without customization???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:kc-2)

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please mark the appropriate answer as correct to help other members.

Regards,

Bhushan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

You can modify or replace the l_ptc_splash.gif file located here: codebase/wtcore/images/bblks/l_ptc_splash.gif

(For Windchill 10.1, I am not sure for other versions of the software.)

Make sure you save your work in a safe folder that will not be overwritten during an upgrade.

kc-2
5-Regular Member
(To:mdebower)

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply. Actually am asking about the Home page " Welcome to Windchill".

But whatever you mentioned that is a background image when loading the home page.

Thanks in advance...

For those modifications you might want to visit this discussion: WC Background Colors

Look for this response from Tom:

20160413-132454.png

BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst

Welcome page is rendered from \Windchill\codebase\netmarkets\jsp\netmarkets\welcomepage.jsp file.

Regards

Binesh Kumar

kc-2
5-Regular Member
(To:BineshKumar1)

Hi Binesh,

You are correct. Actually i found that file from that i found welcomeRB.java file. In java file only i have to change.

I installed eclipse juno for customization. I changed in java file and complied it and replace WelcomeRB.class file in \Windchill_10.2\Windchill\codebase\com\ptc\core\ui\.

But its not changing.. Whatever i did that is correct or????.. Am new to customization...

Thanks in advance....

BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite

Hi Krishnamoorthy,

I did following and it worked

1. Changed following in WelcomeRB.java

@RBEntry("Welcome to Windchill (Changed)")

@RBComment("A title in welcome page")

public static final String WELCOME_GUIDE_TITLE = "WELCOME_GUIDE_TITLE";

2. Executed following command from windchill shell to get the java file compiled

tools class -Dclass.includes=com\ptc\core\ui\**

Regards,

Bhushan

kc-2
5-Regular Member
(To:BhushanNehe)

Hi Bhushan,

Thanks for your reply. It works good for me also...

Thanks a lot....

BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please mark the appropriate answer as correct to help other members.

Regards,

Bhushan

Top Tags