cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Is it possible to get the active config spec of a part structure in a data utility ?

carlh42
6-Contributor

Is it possible to get the active config spec of a part structure in a data utility ?

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.1 and Datecode with CPS M020-CPS26

Is it possible to get the active config spec of a part structure in a data utility ? I would like the data utility to display a value based on if a link to a parent part exists and need to filter the parents by type and variation2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello carlh42,

You asked some question regarding Windchill, thanks for reaching out.
This is Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe, I will provide you assistance on this question: fyi the config spec is a client-side information, you can also review kb article CS250921.

KR,

Charles.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @carlh42 

I try to get the selected structure filter from the structure for many years. I also contacted PTC for help, but I have not found a solution. PTC does not help.

I could get the saved filter setting but not the active one so from my perspective it is not possible (I hate to say that because I have not found a solution yet)

PetrH

carlh42
6-Contributor
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. 

Carl

d_graham
17-Peridot
(To:carlh42)

The active config is set on the client side not the server side. Because of this I tend to agree with @HelesicPetr (who knows what he’s doing, no doubt about that), I don’t think it’s possible either.

Just curious, what is the use case?

carlh42
6-Contributor
(To:d_graham)

Hi,

We have some part structures for different product BOMs and used alternate BOMs from MPMLink to reflect deltas in the structure. To show if the part is a child of the another structure I need to get the variation2 from the config spec. The part may not have an alt bom depending if it is the same across all boms and uses the design view or it is different and has an alt bom. To show the correct information I need to filter the parent parts of the partuseagelink by the variation2.

I did find some code in an old customisation that we have where the config_spec is stored in a request but could not get it working in this case which I think might align with client/server side like you said. The old code was running in a jsp and so a slightly different use case.

Thank you both for your replies they are much appreciated.

kind regards

Carl 

Hello carlh42,

You asked some question regarding Windchill, thanks for reaching out.
This is Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe, I will provide you assistance on this question: fyi the config spec is a client-side information, you can also review kb article CS250921.

KR,

Charles.

Top Tags