cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Is it possible to run a perl script in the cgi-bin directory?

gbalestrieri
1-Newbie

Is it possible to run a perl script in the cgi-bin directory?

I need to show to pdmlink user a txt file stored in a shared directory. The file is a log file of the job conversion from Office file in PDF and is located on a different server and accessible by a shared link.

I have tried to read the file with a perl script and show it in the browser of the user user. To access it I try the link "windchill_server/cgi-bin/script.pl" but I have the error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Does someone know how to run a cgi scrip directly from the browser?

Or another way to list in a html page a txt file stored in a shared directory.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

The apache bundled with Windchill should be able to run perl scripts from the cgi-bin directory with the OOTB configuration. Check your apache error log. That should give an indication why apache is failing to run the script.

Thank you Chris,

this is what I find in the apache logs:

access.log

10.24.249.61 - - [18/Mar/2016:08:41:18 +0100] "GET /cgi-bin/printenv.pl HTTP/1.1" 500 552 23000

error.log

[Fri Mar 18 08:41:18 2016] [error] [client 10.24.249.61] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified.  : couldn't create child process: 720002: printenv.pl

[Fri Mar 18 08:41:18 2016] [error] [client 10.24.249.61] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified.  : couldn't spawn child process: I:/ptc/Windchill_10.2/HTTPServer/cgi-bin/printenv.pl

could be possible that is missing the perl installation in my system? Windchill is installent on Windows system and I wasn't able to find any refers to perl.

Top Tags