cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Is there a way to delay auto-numbering in Windchill 10.2?

daraki
13-Aquamarine

Is there a way to delay auto-numbering in Windchill 10.2?

Hello,

Currently, the auto-numbering kicks in and renames all components according to the auto-numbering scheme when opening a 3D model in CATIA that is not saved in Windchill. I would like to delay this action until the 3D model is saved in Windchill.

I came across this preference in Windchill 11.0 that seemed to be what I need, delay.autonumber.generation which allows you to switch behavior and delay number generation. Does anyone know if this setting is available in 10.2 and if yes, would it change the above behavior to what I want? If not, is there an alternative way to do it?

Thanks much in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hthakre
12-Amethyst
(To:daraki)

The preference you have mentioned (delay.autonumber.generation) is specific to Creo Elements direct which is not expected to work for CATIA.

Also Preference is introduced in Windchill 11 only, so it will not be applicable in 10.2_M030.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
hthakre
12-Amethyst
(To:daraki)

The preference you have mentioned (delay.autonumber.generation) is specific to Creo Elements direct which is not expected to work for CATIA.

Also Preference is introduced in Windchill 11 only, so it will not be applicable in 10.2_M030.

Top Tags