cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Is there a way to edit the maximum number of allowable WTParts in a Change Request?

Shaun_Hughes
9-Granite

Is there a way to edit the maximum number of allowable WTParts in a Change Request?

I have some users who are attempting to modify many parts in a Change Notice, and have found that the upper limit of WTParts in the Notice is set to 40.

Is this a limitation of Windchill, or was it something that was set when the Change Notice was set? If the latter, where would you go in the system to change it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is no limit to the number of items in the Affected or Resulting field and no configurations for this.  If this is failing for you there is likely a configuration or memory issue.  If it is telling you there is a hard limit sounds like there is a customization that was created.

Here is a quick screenshot of test system with 221 items on the Affected Items table.

2022-03-31_10-50-00.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

I can't help with that specifically but...

There is a character limit in some  boxes on a change notice.  I think the default for the Comments box on the Affected Objects table is 500.  Our partner company was able to change that to 2000 somewhere on the back end in a configuration file on the server.  So I wouldn't be surprised if there was the same type of thing for what you are trying to do.

If nobody else on these boards knows then I suggest opening a case with PTC.

How to extend the column length of Global Attributes of type String in Windchill PDMLink

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS94753

Marco

Let's stick to the original question. Is there a limit of 40 on adding parts to Affected or Resulting object section? I can tell you no since I just added a ton to a single change. Now, anytime this needs to change state on resulting items or release them, be prepared for workflow to spin and spin. 

avillanueva_0-1648145665773.png

Just checking to see if the limit you saw was the clipboard or via a copy/paste? In my case, I did a search, select and add from the edit change task wizard.

From what I was told, both. As they are adding (specifically) WTParts to the Affected parts, once they hit a quantity of 41, "the ECN crapped out"

There is no ootb limit. At least on our system 12.0.2.4.

Do you know where one would venture to modify the limit?

@Shaun_Hughes wrote:

Do you know where one would venture to modify the limit?

The only way I know would be customization.

Currently waiting on a response from PTC, will update for those who care when I get an answer.

Hello Shaun,

This is interesting to me. I dont think it is possible without customization. 

Is it possible for you to show the error that you are getting ? 

Regards

Ajit

There is no limit to the number of items in the Affected or Resulting field and no configurations for this.  If this is failing for you there is likely a configuration or memory issue.  If it is telling you there is a hard limit sounds like there is a customization that was created.

Here is a quick screenshot of test system with 221 items on the Affected Items table.

2022-03-31_10-50-00.png

Top Tags