cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Is there any example to connect Windchill through web services client? Please share it if you have one....

skuppamohanram
10-Marble

Is there any example to connect Windchill through web services client? Please share it if you have one....

Basically I would like to download some documents from Windchill  by running some trigger (scheduled tasks) from other application...

Condition: Schedule Tasks should be executed from other machine to pull data from Windchill....

8 REPLIES 8
syadala
5-Regular Member
(To:skuppamohanram)

Hi Saravanan,

Please refer to the prog_examples\jws in your windchill Installation. you get some help. The Windchill Web services implemented on JAX-WS. I order to get some data from Windchill you need to implement the service in Windchill and then develop a client. Let me know if you need any help on this.

Sudhakar

Do you have any example how to develop client? if you have more info/code snippet please send it..

Thanks...

syadala
5-Regular Member

Hi Saravanan,

Can you shed little light on your Web service implementation in Windchill. I can help you in developing client. In fact I was involved in couple of Web service implementations in which Windchill is Client and target system. May be you can share wsdl that should be fine for me.

Regards

Sudhakar

Hello Sudhakar,

Attached complete codebse_client...

Thanks for your help...

syadala
5-Regular Member

Hi Saravanan,

I am confused here you mentioned that you want some information form Windchill but your implementation is to do some mathematical functions. I expect the service do some functions in Windchill rather then return from service itself. In order to have information from windchill you need to have Windchill authenticated user to perform actions (like query, update etc) . Please create a service that can perform actions in windchill and send me wsdl. I donot need code. A client can be developed based on WSDL.

Regards

Sudhakar

Hi Sudhakar,

Before I develop my requirement, I want to exercise simple example. I had attached example wsdl in my previous communication..

From the "Info*Engine® User’s Guide" check the sections in red:

Bookmarks 
About This Guide
Info*Engine Architecture
Info*Engine Data Management
Info*Engine JSP Pages
Info*Engine Tasks
Info*Engine Packages
Credentials Mapping
Custom Tag Libraries
Custom Webjects
Web Services Framework
SOAP Services
Server Access Kit
Info*Engine Custom Tag Reference
Display Webject Reference
Task Webject Reference

Regards,

Kamal Essajidi

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Please note that we have a new space for Windchill customization questions. I am moving this to the Windchill Customization space.

Top Tags