cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Is there any way to send Windchill reports on a schedule as email attachments?

jfrankovich
10-Marble

Is there any way to send Windchill reports on a schedule as email attachments?

Is there any way to automatically run a Windchill report on a schedule and send it out as an email attachment or embedded in the email body?

A Data Monitor will run the report, but it only sends an email with a link to the results in Windchill. I would like a report that can be distributed without requiring a Windchill login.

Currently we use Excel VB to run the reports on schedule and distribute, but it would be nice to do this natively with WC OOTB or with some custom code.

4 REPLIES 4

You can use cognos to send out reports with the information embedded in the email.

We've done that for two of our Change Process reports.

The downside, you lose the data monitors ability to set a results threshold.

So, even with 0 results in the report the cognos report gets sent out to our users.

If you want to try it yourself, there is a way to push your existing Windchill reports into Cognos, I just don't have the documentation handy.

"natively with WC OOTB or with some custom code"

If you're just looking for a queue and you can write a minimal amount of code, create a workflow template with an expression that runs at whatever schedule you define, and fire it off.

syadala
5-Regular Member
(To:jfrankovich)

We have done a Delayed report long time back (2005 - 2006) where in a user selects the QueryBuilder report to be generated, Input values (if any) and date and time to generate. The customization generates the report and Creates a Notebook entry then sends the link to the user. Sending the report to user is not a big deal.

Regards

Sudhakar

bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:jfrankovich)

My company is working on producing some very clean-looking reports for consumption at all levels within an organization, with custom code that is very light-weight and can be scheduled to run at any desired period.  It can also be configured to be e-mailed, if desired.  Any report that can be made on data in the WC database can be a report we can produce for you.  Please contact me directly at robert.sindelar@eccellent.com if you are interested or would like to see an example of a report.

What kind of reports are you looking for?

Top Tags