cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is windchill capable of managing NX/CAE Data? (*.prt, _i.prt, *.fem, *.sim)

ahamblett
5-Regular Member

Is windchill capable of managing NX/CAE Data? (*.prt, _i.prt, *.fem, *.sim)

Curious if anyone out there (1) manages NX CAD data via Windchill and if so (2) if Windchill is able to manage NX's CAE Data? In particular, the relationships between the files: *.prt -> *_i.prt -> *.fem -> *.sim

Also, if you manage NX Data, what has been your exerience and/or lessons learned? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
ahamblett
5-Regular Member
(To:ahamblett)

Still looking for some NX/CAE/Windchill feedback. Anyone?

Probably not, or PTC sales would have mentioned it. Try PTC User, the other support site.

pmooteri
12-Amethyst
(To:ahamblett)

NX data *.prt is supported by Windchill through Windchill Workgroup Manager.

Currently we donot support NX's CAE Data.

You can go through the documentation below for more details:

10.2 M010: Windchill Workgroup Manager for NX Administrator's and User's Guide

ahamblett
5-Regular Member
(To:pmooteri)

Thank you for your response Pankaj. The WGM User's guide was VERY helpful. Just for reference, PTC did respond to our inquiries stating the .fem and .sim files could only be included as Attachments to either the _i.prt or the .prt record (but not as objects themselves).

What I am trying to determine now is if that is the case, can these files, the .fem and .sim, be re-associated to the original _i.prt? Or must they be re-created? Or is there another possiblity such as simply storing these objects in the user's Workspace? Yes, they won't be controllable by Windchill but I am seeking ALL options for these files.

Thanks again and I look forward to your reply.

-Adam

Top Tags