cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Issue viewing/editing multiple workflow blocks

JenniferKnieper
8-Gravel

Issue viewing/editing multiple workflow blocks

We recently upgraded to 9.1 M070 andare havingissue with viewing/editing multiple blocks within a single workflow. I have opened a call with PTC and received the standard answer "working as designed". Prior to M070 I was able to view/edit multiple blocks without issue. Is anyone else having this issue?

6 REPLIES 6

Jennifer,
I am experiencing the same behavior. I can click into 1 block, and then click into another block, but never a 3rd block. My ticket never got anywhere. I have just learned to deal with it.

It seems to work like your web browser, but only 3 webpages. After you click into the 2nd and 3rd blocks, you can use the forward/back buttons on the top left of the screen. If you have to go into a 4th unique block, then you must save/close the workflow, and then re-open the workflow.

They actually filed SPR from my 4/12/2013 case. But status is "No Plans to Fix". They resolved it in 10.0.

Ben:

Thank you for the information. We hope to move to 10 next year.

Jenn

BTW...people can't see other people's SPR's.

I assume you are talking about in the Workflow Template Administration?

If so then what version of Java are you using? We are on 10.1 M040 and had that trouble with Java 6 Update 38. I installed Java 7 Update 60 a couple weeks ago and it seems to be fixed.

Steve G

It's funny that PTC didn't let me know that there was already an SPR and that it will be fixed in 10. PTC response - This is working as designed and unfortunately there is no workaround on this. If you really need this functionality then I would suggest to file the enhancement request so the product management will think of including it in future release of Windchill.

Yes, Workflow Template Admin.

Windchill 9.1 M070, Java 6 Update 22 and I tested on Java 7 update 55 and no luck.

Jenn

Then I would assume it's the combination of J7 Uxx with 10.1. I don't think Java 7 is supported by 9.1 but I could be wrong.

Steve G

I am running 3 scenarios:
Windchill 9.1 M070, and Java 6 Update 17 using Chrome 37 dev.
Windchill 9.1 M070, and Java 7 Update 17 using IE 9 64-bit.
Windchill 9.1 M070, and Java 7 Update 17 using Chrome 37 dev 64-bit.

The problem is reproduced in all cases.

Ben
Top Tags