cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Issue with seeing comments from workflow

ptc-5263270
1-Newbie

Issue with seeing comments from workflow

Hello

I was wondering if any of you had any ideas on how to sort out an issue that I am having.

I have a pretty simple review, approve release workflow that is initiated every time a certain type of object is created.

Now when it goes through the default type activities in the workflow you can add a comment in the comment field and select a routing.

What I am having a problem with is the fact that these comments, which should be showing up in the process status section of the task but they only appear if you are an admin and I need them to be there for standard users.

Is there also a better way of communicating changes/comments on a standard task to the next user in the cahin other than this process.

Bear in mind that I am not a developer and have limited Java knowledge. I just utilise the configuration tools to help me get thesystem up and running.

Thanks in advance

Oleg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have found what the issue fopr this was.

I had been putting my access policies in the default PDM top level context however I needed to put them into the Private one. Not sure why.

The object to open for this is WfEventaudit

Hope this helps some people

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

In general workflow task comments are available to all users from:

- Object info page

- Process tab

- Routing / Process History area, Process table

If the Comments column is not displaying, check the displayed columns setting; comments are there by default

note - You can also get workflow task comments via query builder reports if desired

Thanks for the reply Mike

The comments collumn is there but the comments do not show up for the end users, but they do for admins.

Regards

Very odd. Some screen shots would be helpful.

mike.lockwood@alcon.com

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:ptc-5263270)

While this should typically apply to all users I'm just curious... do you have any special constraints added to the Comments attribute in Type and Attribute Management?

Is the Comments value being hidden due to a profile 6-6-2014+7-48-11+PM.pngperhaps?

Hi,

The other thing I noticed is that comments are displayed only for selected workflow instances. if I have multiple connected workflows it won't show the comments. Basically it should show all the comments from starting to current steps

Best Regards

Prajeesh Kumar

I have found what the issue fopr this was.

I had been putting my access policies in the default PDM top level context however I needed to put them into the Private one. Not sure why.

The object to open for this is WfEventaudit

Hope this helps some people

Access Policies should be moved to Org PDM where possible (where they are common to many Products/Libraries) to reduce maint. Using Private was just a suggestion to isolate a Product/Library to be used for testing permission. Making a context private makes it stand-alone in terms of ACL's - does not inherit any from Site or Org.

Mike

Thats the weird thing. Moving them into Org PDM didnt fix the problems as that is where I was working all along but for whatever reason/quirk/prior setup of our system using the private section opens up these issues. The template contexts that I am using are not private either and acccess for WTDocuments is unlockable in the Org PDM level. I have no idea why but it is working at the moment.

So - If it works as desired in a Private context but not in a non-private one, then there is some deny permission in place at Org or Site (likely Org). Private does not use any permissions at Site or Org. Deny permissions are labeled various ways depending on the Windchill release - could be a Deny column, or a minus sign, or an exclamation point.

Hi Mike,

Could you please share the qml for getting the comments for a Lifecycle Managed Object.

Regards

Prajeesh Kumar

This is at the heart of the issue last week - no easy way to attach a file here that I can see. I'll attach to an email if you send me a note at mike.lockwood@alcon.com

Top Tags