cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Iterate only instance and generic and not the whole family table?

SvenR
13-Aquamarine

Iterate only instance and generic and not the whole family table?

Hi All,

previously with Windchill 10.1 we where able to checkout only the instance and generic when editing an instance of a family table part - which constists i.e. in adding / changing a number/letter in a parameter (which of course is contained in the family table).

But now on Windchill 11.0 I found no way to do this. It always happens that the whole family table is being checked out!

We are also using ModelCHECK Gatekeeper since years, and this has never been a problem becaus only the edited variant needed to be verified then.

What am I doing wrong? Did you also come across this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SvenR
13-Aquamarine
(To:SvenR)

Hi BenLoosli,

well, that also generates a lot of iterations with the time. I agree that in general this should be the rule overall!

Our use case for that is quite narrow: we simply add a value to the parameter partnumber at the time that a standard part gets a part number assigned from our erp system. Nothing else changes, so this is really specific to the instance.

By the way I found out the problem - it's mostly the user in front of the computer 🙂

We changed our ModelCHECK configuration and this now adds more parameters to the model, hence all family models need to be iterated.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You should always check out and modify the whole family table, especially with Windchill, when making a change. This will provide a consistent update across all of the instances and keep them all at the same revision level.

SvenR
13-Aquamarine

Hi BenLoosli,

well, that also generates a lot of iterations with the time. I agree that in general this should be the rule overall!

Our use case for that is quite narrow: we simply add a value to the parameter partnumber at the time that a standard part gets a part number assigned from our erp system. Nothing else changes, so this is really specific to the instance.

By the way I found out the problem - it's mostly the user in front of the computer 🙂

We changed our ModelCHECK configuration and this now adds more parameters to the model, hence all family models need to be iterated.

Best Regards

Top Tags