cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Java 11.0.21 allows Windchill to start up without cps 12.0.2.15

ayap
7-Bedrock

Java 11.0.21 allows Windchill to start up without cps 12.0.2.15

For Windchill 12.0.2, the java 11.0.20 update did not allow Windchill to start up.  Per the support articles, it required cps 12.0.2.15 to resolve.  But we tested the new Java 11.0.21 and this one allows Windchill to start up without the cps 12.0.2.15 being installed and Windchill functions are all working.  When I asked tech support, they say R&D has not tested java 11.0.21 yet and has no comment.  My question is...  Do we still need cps 12.0.2.15?  Have others tried java 11.0.21?  Just trying to avoid pushing a cps install to avoid extra installation work.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

6 REPLIES 6
jbailey
17-Peridot
(To:ayap)

Can verify it was fixed as early as Corretto 11.0.20.9.1.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

This is the article (and links to others) that you are referring to:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS398580?source=search

but at the time of this post, PTC has not updated to refer to your finding.

Rocket_Max
17-Peridot

Hello @ayap 

Here is an explanation. If the software matrix or article states that a certain version of Java does not support it, it means that PTC's QA department has not conducted testing and verification.
If there is an article indicating the need to upgrade to a specific version of Windchill or JAVA, please execute it as it will enhance stability

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @ayap 

CPS installation is not so complicated process. 

PetrH

the install is complicated if you have a cluster.  need to break the cluster and rebuild the cluster, plus regression testing if you have customizations.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @ayap 

Always you need a break,

PetrH

Top Tags