cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

LOCAL CACHE SYNC

cspinelli
14-Alexandrite

LOCAL CACHE SYNC

Good morning, we have a problem with local cache sync on Windchill 10.2; if I access Windchill from different workstations i presume that files should be the same but, for some reason, they are not. it seems that local cache cannot be synchronized.

do you have suggestions?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:cspinelli)

Hi @cspinelli 

In the workspace there is a utility menu where you can synchronize information between local and server side. 

The problem can be that the cache is corrupted . 

Another point is that you should know that synchronization is not for updating older version in the workspace. 

Sometimes you need to do a update if the workspace contains old versions of a object

This is normal behavior, that the user has to want to update older versions in the workspace. 

PetrH

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @cspinelli 

Yes delete the local cache

example "<user_profile>\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\.wf"

PetrH

cspinelli
14-Alexandrite
(To:HelesicPetr)

thanks but is it normal that the caches don't syncronize?

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @cspinelli 

In the workspace there is a utility menu where you can synchronize information between local and server side. 

The problem can be that the cache is corrupted . 

Another point is that you should know that synchronization is not for updating older version in the workspace. 

Sometimes you need to do a update if the workspace contains old versions of a object

This is normal behavior, that the user has to want to update older versions in the workspace. 

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags