cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Large documents visualization with the Adobe LiveCycle

AntonBagryanov
3-Visitor

Large documents visualization with the Adobe LiveCycle

Hi!

I have trouble (Java heap space) when I try to create visualization of the large documents through the Adobe LiveCycle. How can I solve this problem?

Windchill 10.1.

9 REPLIES 9

Hi Anton,

have you tried to adjust the java memory setting for the Adobe LC server? They defined in the file run_conf.bat (in a Windows env), which resides in <LC_INST_Folder>\jboss\bin folder (e.g. D:\LC_ES3\jboss\bin\run_conf.bat).

Regards,

Ruediger

I have added memory for jvm, but problem was not solved.

I have added transactionTimeout to 1200 (in .\jboss\server\lc_turnkey\deploy\transaction-jboss-beans.xml) but problem was not solved.

Which resources (and in which files) I should increase to solve java heap space problem?

Thanks.

Server log:

2014-07-16 16:44:41,775 INFO [org.apache.axis.EXCEPTIONS] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-4) Exception:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:AntonBagryanov)

Silly question, but I just want to confirm... You're getting the error on the LC Server and not in the MethodServer, correct?

If LC server can you please provide your run.conf.bat file that you updated on your LC server?

Yes, I have the error in LC server.

Is the environment variable JAVA_OPTS set on your system? If it is, then run.conf.bat will ignore all of the settings in the script, and just use the existing value of the variable instead. Make sure that this variable isn't set so that the settings in run.conf.bat do get used. Or, if it's running as a service, then JAVA_OPTS should be set to '-Xrs'.

Hi Chris!

I have set the JAVA_OPTS value to '-Xrs'. But it was not help. If I want to visualize the pdf document with the size up to 200 mb which settings I should have?

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:AntonBagryanov)

Anton,

If you take a look at the Java processes in Task Manager at the time of the Out of heap space error how large are they? Does it look like they are utilizing the values you've specified in the bat file?

The problem is with Adobe's LiveCycle program.  I called in and created a case with PTC because we have the same problem.  Part of the issue is the macro-enabled documents are not supported by LC...XLSM, DOCM, PPTM.  Although many do publish, but you have to add them to a property.

There are other documents that have large file sizes that won't publish no matter what document type it is.  It looks like that is the main issue.  I don't think I can get anything over 3 MB to publish.  I know...3 MB is not that big.  But just about everything smaller in size will publish.

PTC opened a call with Adobe on this issue but I don't have much faith in it getting fixed.

Top Tags