cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Leading wildcards in global search *???

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Leading wildcards in global search *???

Our service department recently was searching for a vehicle VIN number in Windchill.  Lets say the VIN was 1HTGPSNR4HH542122 (an attribute, not name or number field), when this VIN was entered it returned nothing...what we found was that someone replaced the leading 1 with an I.  No biggy, was fixed immediately. BUT we realized a searching short coming.  The user tried leading ** to try and find the number, but couldn't. He searched:

*HTGPSNR4HH542122

**TGPSNR4HH542122

With no return.  Is there anyway to search and attribute with leading wildcards?

Thanks,

Greg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you have the internal name of the  IBA added to SearchableAttributesByType.properties in codebase/com/ptc/windchill/enterprise/search/server? This is how you tell Solr to index that field.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Do you have the internal name of the  IBA added to SearchableAttributesByType.properties in codebase/com/ptc/windchill/enterprise/search/server? This is how you tell Solr to index that field.

Binesh,

So this is working to specification and the only way to change its function is to add all internal names to the SearchableAttributesByType.properties?  If that is the case I'll leave the system as is....we have WAY too many IBAs to make it worth it.  We have been running WC for 5 years now and this is the first time it has come up.

Thanks,

Greg

Hello Greg,

Unfortunately yes, after you add this, you will have to re-index all the data. Its a pain. I went through this once. https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS158084

Thanks

Binesh

Top Tags