cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Leap frogging an old iteration in windchill 11.1

nmartinez1
4-Participant

Leap frogging an old iteration in windchill 11.1

Hello all,

I have a part where changes were made changing the part from A.3 to A.4 and those changes are no longer needed at the time. I'm wondering if there is a way to check out A.3 then check in changing the part from A.3 to A.5. I would like to still keep A.4 incase we decide to revert back to that model.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmartinez1
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Yes there was a preference setting under "Create and Edit"  that changed with the upgrade. Changing it to allow the non latest iteration to be checked out makes the Leap Frog process work.

Thanks for your help with this!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:nmartinez1)

Open the A.3 iteration in a clean workspace, then do a check-in. It will go into Windchill as A.5.

For safety, be sure that the part is not in other workspaces.

nmartinez1
4-Participant

Before upgrading to 11.1 that option worked but since we upgraded I now receive a message saying that it cannot be checked out because its not the latest iteration.

Thanks!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:nmartinez1)

Yikes! I am still on 11.0.

Open the A.3 in Creo and do a backup to disk.

Erase all from memory and the workspace.

Open the A.3 from disk and see if it comes in as a new part.

You should then be able to check it in as A.5.

Is there a preference setting that changed with 11.1 that prevents non-latest iterations from being checked out?

nmartinez1
4-Participant

Yes there was a preference setting under "Create and Edit"  that changed with the upgrade. Changing it to allow the non latest iteration to be checked out makes the Leap Frog process work.

Thanks for your help with this!

TomU
23-Emerald IV

FYI, we don't allow check out of non-latest iterations, but that doesn't stop someone from bringing an older version forward as the latest.

1. Add old version to workspace.
  2. Open in Creo and save.  No need to check out.  Object will show modified in workspace.
  3. Select object and choose 'Update'.  Change the option to reuse (recycle triangle) instead of download.
  4. Latest version will now exist in workspace (still modified) but with CAD from earlier version.
  5. Check out and check back in.  Old version is now latest.
Top Tags