cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

License issue on production environment

VC_10470337
3-Visitor

License issue on production environment

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.2.7

Recently we updated production license but frequently the license administration page showing old license, users are unable to login.
After restart of windchill services new license start appearing once again. Similar issue we reported one week before. Old PTC Case: C16732274.

1 REPLY 1
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:VC_10470337)

You can try to repeat this process again to make sure it has the right license:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS297081?source=search

I am not sure of the mechanism exactly but I know Windchill is default set to periodically phone home and pull down the current license file. I would think it would use the device ID to obtain this but someone else can verify if that is correct. Did something get changed with your license recently like customer information or SON where it might be getting confused on PTC's side. I would definitely engage license management to straighten this out. They might be able to pull up records from their end. Does anyone know if there are logs on VC's side that he can check?

Announcements

Top Tags