cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Lifecycle and Version of .CATPart in CATIA v5 not matching with Windchill(WGM)

psingh-2
1-Newbie

Lifecycle and Version of .CATPart in CATIA v5 not matching with Windchill(WGM)

Hi guys,

I have downloaded all the CATIA Parts and Drawings from Windchill in my local drive. I am downloading the files with the help of Sql query to get the mapping information between CAD file name and Hex value in Vault and fetching the files directly from Vault.But when I am opening the files in CATIA it is not showing the current Version and lifecycle information. As per PTC this behavior is as per specification as the storage of physical files in Vault is not affected by change in lifecycle state or Revision and it is totally iteration driven i.e. when we edit the physical file, only then a new file is created in Vault.

Export from Workspace option is giving the right result but as the data is huge and there are various workspaces on different Systems it is not feasible to perform export from workspace from each and every system manually or programmatically.

My requirement is to make the CATIA product properties match with windchill attribute values especially the lifecycle and version in CATIA for any CATPart or CATDrawing should match

with attribute values in Windchill (WGM). Please find the below sc

Capture123.JPGwgm.JPG

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags