cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Lifecycle not picked up from OIR

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Lifecycle not picked up from OIR

I created a new context and when I looked at the OIR listing in utilities, it has the same site level ones I created from another product context. The problem is that new objects created in the old context have the proper lifecycles while a part created in the new context shows the lifecycle as One Phase development instead of our modified one from the site?

What can be causing this to happen? The site level OIR should be the defining one and it has the right lifecycle in the file.

Also, how can I switch all the existing parts in the product context to the proper lifecycle? There are about 100 parts already created and checked-in.

I am running Windchill 11.1 M020 CPS20 with Creo 7.0.5.0.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ben, Happy to get on a quick session w/you and take a look if you like - for old times sake 🙂

Make sure the OIR at Product level is enabled.

Look at Composite Rule for the type and examine the Lifecycle template listed

Try disabling the OIR for the type at Site / Org level and create a new object and see what happens

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Ben, Happy to get on a quick session w/you and take a look if you like - for old times sake 🙂

Make sure the OIR at Product level is enabled.

Look at Composite Rule for the type and examine the Lifecycle template listed

Try disabling the OIR for the type at Site / Org level and create a new object and see what happens

Thanks,  Mike

Let me try some of those suggestions in the morning and I'll let you know what happens.

When I looked at the list of OIRs, the Site ones were disabled, but the product generic ones were enabled along with my custom OIRs. Disabling the product OIRs solved the issue and a new part is now using the right Lifecycles.

Funny thing is I have 4 products and 2 others that were older also had the product OIRs enabled but they created parts with the custom OIR. All of then have now had the Site and Product default OIRs disabled. Added a note to my Create New Product document.

Next step is to reassign all of the existing parts to the new lifecycle.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

Searching the knowledge base, I found a Windchill utility and there is an option to change lifecycles interactively. With the limited number of files I need to change, I am just doing it interactively.

Top Tags