cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Limit a specific WTPart soft type from getting added in the BOM structure

Sha11
12-Amethyst

Limit a specific WTPart soft type from getting added in the BOM structure

Hello,

I have a requirement where a specific part sub type should not be added as a child component of any parts. Can you please let me know how we can achieve the same?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sha11
12-Amethyst
(To:Sha11)

Hello,

There was one way to achieve this through configuration, in the Type and Attribute Management, under Part Usage there is an option called Relationship Constraint and we can populate the Parent Type and allowable Child Types. Only the types given in the Child Part Type will be searchable and the remaining types could not be added as a child component for a given parent part type.

Sha11_0-1670222067525.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

A listener might work here. Key off the pre-store action on a WTPartUsageLink. Logic would be if you detect that its trying to store a WTPartUsageLink with this banned soft-type as a component, then just throw a WTException or some other block which will trickle back up to the UI.

joe_morton
17-Peridot

I agree with @avillanueva - that would probably be the ideal solution. 

It's a bit difficult for us to develop listeners ourselves, so we do these kind of validations in other ways. For something like this, we might add a validation into a release workflow, to prevent the assembly from getting released if it has the invalid part type in it. Of course, it would be better to prevent it in the first place, but just to give you another idea.

Sha11
12-Amethyst

Hello,

There was one way to achieve this through configuration, in the Type and Attribute Management, under Part Usage there is an option called Relationship Constraint and we can populate the Parent Type and allowable Child Types. Only the types given in the Child Part Type will be searchable and the remaining types could not be added as a child component for a given parent part type.

Sha11_0-1670222067525.png

Top Tags