cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Linking a WTpart with no CAD to a WTpart that is made from the aformentioned WTpart

BrianBoman
14-Alexandrite

Linking a WTpart with no CAD to a WTpart that is made from the aformentioned WTpart

Scenario: I am ordering material to specific requirements and do not want to have a CAD Doc for the shape of this material, but I do have a WTpart

Desire: I need to link two WTparts so that when the part made from this material is requested, the custom material defined by a WTpart is requested as well. 

Is there anyway to link these two wtparts and create this behavior? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@BrianBoman 

Hi Brian,

For the first condition you might consider having (what I call) a non-graphical (or blank) CAD object and link that to your WTPart as Owner Association.  This can be placed in CAD assemblies and have attributes inside it that populate to the WTPart if you want.

The second condition seems to just have one WTPart structured under the other as a BOM, or am I misunderstanding?

James Hall
Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS08
WGM 11.0 M030 CPS14
Inventor Pro 2018

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@BrianBoman 

Hi Brian,

For the first condition you might consider having (what I call) a non-graphical (or blank) CAD object and link that to your WTPart as Owner Association.  This can be placed in CAD assemblies and have attributes inside it that populate to the WTPart if you want.

The second condition seems to just have one WTPart structured under the other as a BOM, or am I misunderstanding?

James Hall
Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS08
WGM 11.0 M030 CPS14
Inventor Pro 2018

BrianBoman
14-Alexandrite
(To:JHall)

James, 

Sorry for such a long delay. I ended up implementing the first solution you suggested. Thanks for the tips. 

Brian

Top Tags