cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Linking previous revisions of parts when opening old assembly

BrianStoddard
1-Newbie

Linking previous revisions of parts when opening old assembly

I did a test to see if I can open a previous version of an assembly to see what versions of the parts in that assembly get pulled from Windchill. I created a new assy with 2 new parts and checked them in (all 3 at a -.1 (dash) state). I then revised the assembly so all both parts and the assembly went to an A.1 state. I checked out the 2 parts, made a small change to each and checked them back in as an A.2 state. So, the assy is at A.1 and both parts are at A.2.

When I try to open the previous assembly at the -.1 state, it opens the -.1 state of the assembly but with the A.2 revision of the parts. Is there a way to link it where when I open the -.1 state of the assy, it also opens the -.1 state of the parts, not the A revision?? I am unable to go in an set the release state so everything is currently in the Design state. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. If I was able to lock the release state of the initial assy and parts as Released, would that solve the problem??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BrianStoddard)

There is a preference in Windchill that determines whether items are added to the workspace 'as stored' or 'latest'. If the items were already in your workspace, then Creo/Pro will use whatever is there. If only the assembly is in the workspace, then the other dependent models will be added based on your preference setting. If you are adding things to the workspace manually, you can choose to add them either 'as stored' or 'latest'.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BrianStoddard)

There is a preference in Windchill that determines whether items are added to the workspace 'as stored' or 'latest'. If the items were already in your workspace, then Creo/Pro will use whatever is there. If only the assembly is in the workspace, then the other dependent models will be added based on your preference setting. If you are adding things to the workspace manually, you can choose to add them either 'as stored' or 'latest'.

Thank you Tom. Works like a charm.

Top Tags