cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

List Digest, Sep 23, 2014

akelly
11-Garnet

List Digest, Sep 23, 2014

I feel your pain.

There is actually a Pro/Intralink 9.x / 10.x solution available for the Windchill platform. If your data needs are strictly CAD content management, that might be a more cost effective solution than PDMLink. With certain license configurations, Pro/Intralink is bundled with a Creo or Pro/Engineer license. With a subset of those licenses, PTC-supplied Oracle is also included in the license cost.

When I was at another company, they had the legacy Pro/E licenses with Pro/Intralink + PTC Oracle. They upgraded to Pro/Intralink 9.1. The beauty was that they didn’t have any additional license fees or maintenance fees. Also, Pro/Intralink is licensed on a concurrent-access model whereas PDMLink and Windchill are licensed on a per-user model.

That company used an external contractor to migrate from Pro/Intralink 3.4 to Pro/Intralink 9.1 and were very happy with the result. There wasn’t internal expertise to do this successfully, even though internal users attended PDMLink Business Administration, PDMLink System Administration, and PDMLink Migration training classes.

Good luck. Hope I helped clarify.
--Andrew
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags