cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

List Promotion Targets in Activity Notification Email

TomU
23-Emerald IV

List Promotion Targets in Activity Notification Email

Is there any way to directly list each of the promotion targets in the email sent from a promotion request activity?  In a perfect world I would like each of these to be hyperlinks straight to the primary representation of each object (one click to open directly in Creo View.)  Has anyone ever managed to do something like this?

1 REPLY 1
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:TomU)

@TomU wrote:

Is there any way to directly list each of the promotion targets in the email sent from a promotion request activity?  In a perfect world I would like each of these to be hyperlinks straight to the primary representation of each object (one click to open directly in Creo View.)  Has anyone ever managed to do something like this?

I haven't done this however it should be possible. Most likely have to use an "execute expression" robot that would do the following:

• extract the promotion targets
  • create the hyperlink for each target's representation
  • set workflow variable with the hyperlinks
    • these variables could be used in a Notification robot
    • could also use javaMail api or something similar and create your own custom mail
Top Tags