cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

List the date when recent objects' state change

kregimbald
9-Granite

List the date when recent objects' state change

I am trying to get a list of objects that have had their states changed on a certain date, within a certain folder. Does anyone know how I would do this? It appears that when a state changes on an object the "last modified date" does not reflect the change. I need to determine the criteria for a report to get a list of only those objects that their states changed on a certain date. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ok, for those of you that are unaware... There is an option within the Quick Links tab called Event Management. If you access this item a window opens and a list of recent Windchill events appears. Specifically, in my case, a link to the event in which I changed the state of 63 objects from approved to obsolete. I opened this link and all the objects were listed. Note: If the list exceeds the window size it is not possible to copy the list in its entirety to excel. Solution: I used a capture tool to video the window as I scrolled and voila...entire list for viewing purposes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kathleen,

you can look at this document (it's quite long) Resource for reporting

There you can find lots of report ready to use, divided in sections.

Hope it can help you.

Marco

Another option would be to find a way to get a list based on the "authorization" tab within the version history. Since the same user made the changes on a specific date I could narrow my search. Anyone know if this is possible?

ok, for those of you that are unaware... There is an option within the Quick Links tab called Event Management. If you access this item a window opens and a list of recent Windchill events appears. Specifically, in my case, a link to the event in which I changed the state of 63 objects from approved to obsolete. I opened this link and all the objects were listed. Note: If the list exceeds the window size it is not possible to copy the list in its entirety to excel. Solution: I used a capture tool to video the window as I scrolled and voila...entire list for viewing purposes.

A query builder report will provide this. Focus on type = Object History.  Join to EPM Document or whatever object you are interested in. Filter by Context and/or Location (folder) as Parameter Criteria.

Top Tags