cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Load balancer URL is not working, post login it fails with 500.

Pratik_More
8-Gravel

Load balancer URL is not working, post login it fails with 500.

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: wt.util.WTRuntimeException: wt.util.WTException: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded. Such issues can arise if a bad key is used during decryption.

Description:

Hello experts,
I have done the cluster set up (identical nodes) as per the documents and suggestion given done the changes in wt. Properties file.
When I try to access the load balancer URL it gives error shows in attached snapshot.
I have done below steps so far
1.Belwo ports are open on all nodes
wt.manager.port=5002
wt.method.minPort=5003
wt.method.maxPort=5011

2.I have added the load balancer host name in /etc/hosts of the all node server.

3.I have updated the required properties in the wt.properties asper the document
wt.rmi.server.hostname = my load balancer host name (using AWS loadbalancer)
wt.cache.main.secondaryHosts = node1, node 2, node 3

4.ll method server are running on all nodes with these changes.

5. When I hit the URL it is asking for the username and password. when you enter those details, it shows the error mentioned in snapshot.

Please guide what steps are missing.

I had one reference for the article -https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS251020

based on this KB article have few doubts

1.As per this document link, I need to check if keys are same or not but since keys are encrypted format not sure how to validate that?
2.which keys needs to be copied to server as its identical node configuration?

error on the page is -

wt.util.WTRuntimeException: wt.util.WTException: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded. Such issues can arise if a bad key is used during decryption. Nested exception is: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded. Such issues can arise if a bad key is used during decryption. Nested exception is: wt.util.WTException: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded. Such issues can arise if a bad key is used during decryption. Nested exception is: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded. Such issues can arise if a bad key is used during decryption.

Please guide on this topic as it is delaying our timeline of delivery. I am using HHTP not ( HHTPS).

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Pratik_More ,

Thank you for your question. 

Your post appears well documented but has not yet received any response. I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.
Also, feel free to add any additional information you think might be relevant. It sometimes helps to have screenshots to better understand what you are trying to do.

Thank you for your participation! 

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements

Top Tags