cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Load documents from a list in Excel

eduardo.abanses
1-Newbie

Load documents from a list in Excel

Hi all,

We are using Windchill 9 mainly to manage ProE drawings, although now we are going to start uploading documentation from our old system.

We have created a specific type of document with some attributes relevant to our business. We have a list of about 300 documents all of them recorded in a Excel document with one entry per document and all the values of the atributes. The documents are inside a folder.

I have been reading about bulk loading documents from a xlm document but I have got a bit confused.

Could you advice what is the easiest way to upload all our documents into PDMLink filling up the atributes values from Excel document.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Eduardo

2 REPLIES 2

Fishbowl Solutionsmarkets a line ofbulk loaders for Windchill. We have loaders available for Pro/E, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Inventor, and just recently added a loader for documents (I don't believe it's even on the website yet, but should be shortly.) Although you can certainly use the PTC data loader to load Excel files, our document loader offers several advantages:

1)It includes a simple GUI interface

2) IBA's can easily beincluded in the bulk load process

3) It canbe ran from any computer on the network, not just the app server

4) It has vastly improved error messages over what is provided by the PTC data loader

You can view our website for additional information on these products:

http://www.fishbowlsolutions.com/PTCSolutions/FishbowlPTCAutomationandIntegrationSolutions/SolutionsForPDMLink/linkLoader/fs_linkldr_webcopy?WT.mc_id=L_MCAD_Software_raj

In Reply to Eduardo Abansés:

Hi all,

We are using Windchill 9 mainly to manage ProE drawings, although now we are going to start uploading documentation from our old system.

We have created a specific type of document with some attributes relevant to our business. We have a list of about 300 documents all of them recorded in a Excel document with one entry per document and all the values of the atributes. The documents are inside a folder.

I have been reading about bulk loading documents from a xlm document but I have got a bit confused.

Could you advice what is the easiest way to upload all our documents into PDMLink filling up the atributes values from Excel document.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Eduardo

It looks good to me. Can you send me a quotation?

THanks

Top Tags